Author Topic: Shooting at home  (Read 943 times)

Wadhopper

• Where'd I leave my gun?
    • View Profile
Shooting at home
« on: March 22, 2017, 02:32:14 PM »
Who all has a thrower, of any kind, that they are lucky enough to throw targets at home? I know there's some really nice personal set-up's out there so just curious what you use...
I have a wheelybird that's mounted on a oscillator and wagon that I drag out about once a week.
He's an alright guy

hopper810

• Learn to Shoot and Use Enough Choke
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting at home
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 03:17:08 PM »

I can't recommend Do All at all  >:( Started with a White Wing and due to problems(many of them) they sent me enough parts to rebuild it a couple of times) then they sent their new Raven and had to get parts for it a couple of times already. Got the Atlas Patriot and never been more pleased as there is NO comparison between them. On the radar is getting a MEC 100 E sometime  ;)

Wadhopper do you use a wireless release ? I have both Traps set up that way and sure makes it nice . ;D 

Wadhopper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 04:47:55 PM »
No, I use the foot pedal and extension cord deal...Thought about a wireless but would still want something to step on. I can maintain a pretty normal stance and mount by just tapping the pedal. Not sure how I'd trigger anything else and still keep my gun mounted? Any suggestions? Main problem is 99.9% of the time, I shoot alone at home.
He's an alright guy

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

hopper810

• Learn to Shoot and Use Enough Choke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 05:21:29 PM »
Same here on shooting alone. What I did was put a piece of Velcro on my shotguns forearm and velcro the small release and use my front hands index finger to release. I can take a pic if you want. It only took me around 5 shells to get used to it

I got tired of dragging extension cords around,but I can go that route if something goes wrong with the wireless.

https://youtu.be/q66vMPbGtsE
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:15:14 PM by hopper810 »

Wadhopper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 06:56:20 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at each and might consider a couple.
He's an alright guy

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 07:10:50 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at each and might consider a couple.

You might want to look at ebay and search for "voice clay trap" - they are cheaper, but made in China...

claybird2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 07:05:54 PM »
I can't afford all those fancy throwers you folk speak  of. I just let my wife bite down on a clay and run around the yard while I shoot the "leading edge". She's a real trooper when I ask for a rabbit presentation................................................

Wadhopper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
I can't afford all those fancy throwers you folk speak  of. I just let my wife bite down on a clay and run around the yard while I shoot the "leading edge". She's a real trooper when I ask for a rabbit presentation................................................
What does she charge for a round?
He's an alright guy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28