Author Topic: One gun or two?  (Read 1146 times)

Wadhopper

• Where'd I leave my gun?
    • View Profile
One gun or two?
« on: March 23, 2017, 04:14:44 PM »
As many probably have contemplated, I am considering shooting an O/U for singles, handicap and doubles. There's some great options out there like the Citori CX and 725, 690 etc...not totally opposed to an auto either. I like the Fabarm, 400 multi and 1100 comp.
Currently I shoot an unsingle and have a combo but thinking about one gun and being done. What's your guy's opinions?
He's an alright guy

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: One gun or two?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »
I lean toward the combo, but an O/U with choke tubes will work, too - these are preferable to multiple guns. Just my opinion...

mikey357

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 12:02:47 AM »
I lean toward the combo, but an O/U with choke tubes will work, too - these are preferable to multiple guns. Just my opinion...

I've played around with all the different ways of shooting all three events...Strangely enough, my best results were either using an Over/Under for all events, or using two different guns--Typically, a Semiauto for 16's & 'Caps and an Over/Under for Doubles--For whatever reason, the Combo Set hasn't worked as well for me--YET... :)
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots...

Deanna Culpepper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 07:45:27 PM »
I shoot a Winchester model 12 for singles & handicap, Perazzi mt6 for doubles. Tried the Remington 1100 and a Winchester Super x for singles & doubles. The automatic screwed up my rhythm in trap. I am surprised I even tried the super x after someone I know from South River gun club used to stand on station 1 and nail me with hulls as I was on 5. Mikey357, I bet you can guess who I am talking about 😉 

mikey357

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 10:35:18 PM »
I shoot a Winchester model 12 for singles & handicap, Perazzi mt6 for doubles. Tried the Remington 1100 and a Winchester Super x for singles & doubles. The automatic screwed up my rhythm in trap. I am surprised I even tried the super x after someone I know from South River gun club used to stand on station 1 and nail me with hulls as I was on 5. Mikey357, I bet you can guess who I am talking about 😉

Well, I HOPE you're not talking about ME--!!! IIRC, I shot Trap back then with a BORROWED Super-X ( With a Deflector), an 870 & a Remington 1100...My "Nominees" would be Stan Guest or mebbe' your Dad's old Two-Man Team Partner, Bill Crews...So how'd I do? :)
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots...

Deanna Culpepper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 11:05:22 PM »

[/quote]

Well, I HOPE you're not talking about ME--!!! IIRC, I shot Trap back then with a BORROWED Super-X ( With a Deflector), an 870 & a Remington 1100...My "Nominees" would be Stan Guest or mebbe' your Dad's old Two-Man Team Partner, Bill Crews...So how'd I do? :)
[/quote]

Nope guilty party would be Boone Butler. And old Mama Crews is greatly missed. Was daddy's two man team partner for 30 years

mikey357

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 12:05:24 AM »

[/quote]

Nope guilty party would be Boone Butler. And old Mama Crews is greatly missed. Was daddy's two man team partner for 30 years
[/quote]

LMAO @ Boone! Guess I never paid any attention to him before he started shooting Perazzi's, 'cause I didn't know he ever shot anything else! I'll hafta' RAG ON HIM about that the next time I see him!... :)  :)  :) ...And Boone HAS ALWAYS shot Lead-off, at least as long as I've known him...Bill Crews' bark was a lot worse than his bite...He wasn't as tough and intimidating as he wanted people to think he was...'Course, he didn't put up with much tomfoolery, either...Probably the Career Army Man there...Bill was definitely "One of a Kind"...I miss him, his old, kinda' raggedy 101 Tube Gun and his "Unique" Call... :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:42:36 AM by mikey357 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28