Author Topic: Browning 725  (Read 915 times)

Wadhopper

• Where'd I leave my gun?
    • View Profile
Browning 725
« on: March 24, 2017, 04:35:04 PM »
Anyone shooting the 725? Pretty close to "pulling the trigger" on a combo...
http://www.gunsunlimitedomaha.com/catalog/category/EXCLUSIVEGUNSFORGU.aspx
He's an alright guy

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Browning 725
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:51:00 PM »
Looks nice! I'm sure you will enjoy.

Wadhopper

• Where'd I leave my gun?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 04:56:19 PM »
Well, after a heart-to-heart conversation with my wallet...the 725 combo isnt going to happen!
What is going to happen however, is a new TriStar.
This will make my third TT15
-Original combo
-New updated unsingle only
-TT15 DTA Double Trap Adjustable
What swayed my opinion is that "good" guns simply cost to much for me to justify spending that kind of dough. I'm sure they're worth every penny, just not my pennies. For the cost of an entry level "good" gun I have a dedicated singles gun, a dedicated doubles gun and a back up for each should I need to send any for service....all at a price that might get you a good used P, B, K or Ljutic. Combined with a proven, no questions asked 5 year warranty, I feel I have the necessary support to match my investment. I sent my combo in for service and although it took two months (the barrel had to be replaced on my unsingle and they had to wait for new barrels to arrive from the manufacturer, not TriStar's fault) I received it back with new wood (they thought they nicked it so they chose better wood and fitted it) and all issues resolved at zero cost.
I shot the DTA Friday afternoon and cannot tell you how good it feels and points, not to mention, how soft it is on the shoulder. I spent Saturday hum-hauling around about it, shot 100 ATA singles Sunday morning with my unsingle and on my way home I decided what the hell and ordered the new TT15 DTA from Cheaper Than Dirt.
I'll post pics and patterns once I get it.
Later...
Pat

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/tristar-tt-15-dt-over-under-shotgun-12-gauge-30-vent-rib-barrel-2-rounds-adjustable-walnut-stock-silver-receiver-blued-713780354071.do?sortby=ourPicks&refType=&from=Search
He's an alright guy

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 10:04:51 PM »
I'm partial to Rottweils (out of production for 30 years), but I did something similar to you with them. I bought a 34"/30" combo, a Skeet gun and a Skeet gun with a 32" extra set of barrels. I got lucky in that all sets of barrels fit all 3 receivers. ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 11:22:59 PM by mikey357 »

mikey357

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 11:26:02 PM »
I'm partial to Rottweils (out of production for 30 years), but I did something similar to you with them. I bought a 34"/30" combo, a Skeet gun and a Skeet gun with a 32" extra set of barrels. I got lucky in that all sets of barrels fit all 3 receivers. ;D

You seem to lead a "Charmed Existence" as far as stuff like that is concerned...Izzit' LUCK, or...? :)
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots...

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »

You seem to lead a "Charmed Existence" as far as stuff like that is concerned...Izzit' LUCK, or...? :)
Even better - a few years ago, I was looking for some spare parts and ran across a Canadian gunsmith that was retiring and selling off his inventory of Rottweil parts!

claybird2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 10:07:38 PM »
Wad......Brandie new Cynergys available now at BPS for $1400 ! Some go so far as to say they actually prefer the Cynergy over the Citori action ! This is a great gun at a great price ! Hope you reconsider your purchase...........................................

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28