Author Topic: CIRS system  (Read 860 times)

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CIRS system
« on: April 04, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »
Anyone have experience with it?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:37:51 PM by Carter »

hopper810

• Learn to Shoot and Use Enough Choke
    • View Profile
Re: CIRIS system
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:30:05 PM »
What is it ?

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »
It's an adjustable stock/recoil reduction system...

hopper810

• Learn to Shoot and Use Enough Choke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 07:10:55 PM »
Never heard of that one-gotta link ?

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »
Not that I can find.

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile

mikey357

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CIRS system
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 11:56:16 PM »
Carter, didja' ever follow up on this? If so, tell us all about it--With PICS! :)
From time to time the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the Blood of Tyrants and Patriots...

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 12:29:51 AM »
Very pleased, so far. I sent my backup to the backup stock and receiver to have the CIRS installed into. I did this because It had the beefiest stock, which I thought would yield a better result. I had never even shot it. Anyway, yesterday when I got it back, I took it for a trial. Unfortunately, I discovered on the first shot that it had the lightest trigger pull for a shotgun I ever encountered. I'm guessing in the 4 oz. range. I have a trigger pull gage on the way, so I'll have something definitive on Friday. Because I had never fired this receiver, I brought a spare trigger group. But, the release on the installed one proved stubborn and I didn't have anything that I could use to persuade it on the range, so I only shot one round and even knowing of the light trigger, I had 6 or 8 "surprises". Also, my back was bothering me. So, between my back and the trigger, I cut things short. Maybe I'll get to shoot it this weekend.if my back is better. I'll report more later...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 12:36:05 AM by Carter »

Carter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 03:46:58 PM »
Very pleased, so far. I sent my backup to the backup stock and receiver to have the CIRS installed into. I did this because It had the beefiest stock, which I thought would yield a better result. I had never even shot it. Anyway, yesterday when I got it back, I took it for a trial. Unfortunately, I discovered on the first shot that it had the lightest trigger pull for a shotgun I ever encountered. I'm guessing in the 4 oz. range. I have a trigger pull gage on the way, so I'll have something definitive on Friday. Because I had never fired this receiver, I brought a spare trigger group. But, the release on the installed one proved stubborn and I didn't have anything that I could use to persuade it on the range, so I only shot one round and even knowing of the light trigger, I had 6 or 8 "surprises". Also, my back was bothering me. So, between my back and the trigger, I cut things short. Maybe I'll get to shoot it this weekend.if my back is better. I'll report more later...
Well, my Lyman Trigger Pull Gage came today. I was "only" off by 10 ounces. The pull is 13 to 15 ounces, depending on how careful I am. On my main receiver, it is 4 pounds, and 3 or 4 ounces. I'll be swapping stocks or trigger groups soon...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28